Later today, 11 members of the U16 football team, Slough Town Juniors will swap the familiarity of their home training ground for a new temporary base in the Austrian mountains. It’s a proud moment when anyone gets the chance to represent their country and for these teenagers all making their international debut it will certainly be one to remember. COINS Foundation’s social enterprise, Hotel Birgkarhaus have organised the event and will play host to the team during their stay.

Nestled at the foot of Hochkonig, just 40 miles from Salzburg with luxury facilities, a delicious menu and a health spa it is a beautiful destination for both summer and winter breaks. The spectacular views and year-round activities are highlights for the hotel, however, one of the most significant features of the company is how they use their proceeds. Operating as a social enterprise, all profits are reinvested into making a difference to individual’s lives where 90% supports disability skiing working with Snow Therapy and the remaining 10% goes to mountain rescue.

Emma Franklin, Director of Hotel Birgkarhaus explains:

The priority for us is to increase the exposure and awareness both in the UK and Austria. Hotel Birgkarhaus has sports all year round and is a unique location for booking special events or exclusive company retreats and conferences.

COINS Foundation’s work is based on inspiring the next generation and having just witnessed the success of England in the World Cup there couldn’t be a better time to provide this opportunity to our local youth team. During their stay, they will take part in two matches with local Austrian teams as well as having a training session with Austrian coach Andreas Scherer.

When the youth football team expressed an interest in coming to Austria it seemed a logical opportunity. Not only to give the team a wonderful experience but for the Hotel to expand exposure and to promote to new companies, friends and families.

Emma Franklin - Director of Hotel Birgkarhaus

The team’s first match kicks off at 4.30pm (local time) on Tuesday 24th July when they play Altenmarkt with a training session on the Wednesday before their final match on Thursday 26th versus Mühlbach im Pinzgau.

I’m most looking forward to playing football in a different country and seeing how they play too.

Alfie Turner, a member of Slough Town Juniors

Dave King the manager of Slouth Town Juniors expressed his gratitude and explained why occasions like this are so important:

I am really indebted to COINS Foundation for their assistance in providing the boys with the opportunity to train and tour in Austria. It will be a great bonding exercise for the team and hopefully they will be able to pick up some useful technical skills on how to play against teams with a different way of approaching a match.

Dave King, Manager at Slough Town Juniors

We wish the team the best of luck this week, and look forward to updating you on their progress.

Slough Town Juniors